Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Journal 6 Self Reflection



Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Journal 6: Self Reflection


     My introduction to HTML and CSS was quite a challenge. This is like learning a foreign language.  I know I need a refresher course, and personal tutoring.  Each class meeting was a challenging adventure.

     HTML5 is something that I always heard of but, until I experienced it I never understood it. Today’s browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer require this programming language. I learned that HTML is a markup language.  HTML markup is keyed into a text editor. It is interesting how Note Pad is used to do this if you don’t have Dreamweaver. The content is defined by using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).  These control how the web page is presented.

      I learned that web pages have standards was for creation.  In our text book there is a table with frame tags.  I also learned that tables were used for presenting tabular rather than for designing page layouts.  The "div" element was used to create a multiple column layout.  In exercise 13-8 showed how time and work can be saved making an external style sheet. When editing a file the changes on the file will be reflected on all the pages referencing the file. This eliminates editing numerous web pages.

      The book exercises were very helpful.  The liked how the book examples and exercises were highlighted showing how to do HTML codes.  The book's examples and illustrations make you think about how to add the links.

      Your class session on how to use Photoshop is truly appreciated. That was a great introduction and overview of the application.  I am continuing to learn how to use it.  I need to continue to practice, practice, and practice. Additionally, I will need to purchase it in order to have my own unlimited access.

Posted by Robin Jarnagin

No comments:

Post a Comment